Watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part 2 got me in the mood to try this recipe for Butterbeer Cupcakes from Instructables. I will try to consolidate everything for you, because on the Instructables site all the measurements were on a separate page from the directions and it’s drove me crazy. There are some ingredients that did not have a measurement–I’m not sure why. I’m putting what I used in parentheses, but those measurements are not set in stone.
I used organic ingredients whenever possible, but if you’re not into eating organic substituting in “regular” products will work just as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature, ShopRite Organic Unsalted Butter (must be unsalted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Organic Valley Large Brown Eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavoring (I used Butter Buds)
- 1/2 cup Leigh Valley Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup A&W Cream Soda
- Nestle Butterscotch Morsels (I used the whole bag.)
- McCormick 100% Organic Saigon Cinnamon (I used 1/4 tsp)
- 8 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 3/4 cup ShopRite Organic Unsalted Butter
- ShopRite Confectioner’s Sugar (I poured in about 1/4 of the bag.)
- McCormick Pure Vanilla (I added about 1/2 tsp, but just eyeballed it.)
- Salt (Just a pinch)
- Caramel or Chocolate Drizzle (for decoration, but I skipped this step.)
Step 1: Set the oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tins with cupcake liners.