Who doesn’t love a bad boy? Especially when they are as sexy as Shelly Crane’s Cain from her Collide series. Here’s the top five things you need to know about him, right from him. He also briefs us on a little fighting-a-Lighter basics.
The five things you didn’t know about Cain that you wish you did:
1. Not only do I have a lip piercing and a tattoo on my arm, but I have another tattoo somewhere you have no idea. I’ll give you three guesses.
2. I once drove a tank to Taco Bell. Long story….
3. I’m a coulrophobe. Go ahead, go look it up.
4. I’m a Neanderthal…oh, wait. You probably already knew that…
5. I gotta bit of Irish in me blood.
Now. To survive a Lighter attack:
– All you need is a sharp object to run them through with. It doesn’t matter where you ‘stake’ them, but you have to go all the way through. We’ve used headless golf clubs, crow bars, sticks, stakes. Whatever you can get your hands on that’s pointy.
– Don’t let them speak to you and compel you. Cover your ears and start swinging like he’s a pinata.
– Learn to move your hips when you fight. Put all your force behind it. You can shoot a Lighter, but it’ll only stun him not stop him. But it might be enough to get away. Use all of your resources.
– They usually come in packs. Take care of the first one before the others get there.
– Next thing, they’re cocky. Cockyness is a human trait and aliens shouldn’t have rights to it. Stake his butt!!
In the fourth and final installment, everything is on the line. Merrick’s life is in the balance and Lily is their only hope. Ellie and her new powers are miraculous, but also problematic; if she’s with the bunker family, they won’t be able to sense when the Lighters are there. There are many new members to the bunker and sparks will fly, and with the food shortage, they will all have plenty to deal with. Miguel is intrigued with Rylee, her past and her spunk. Ryan and Elli are barely scratching the surface of their relationship. Cain and Lillian will have to deal with Daniel, who has no qualms about showing his true feelings for her. And Sherry and Merrick…what will happen to this happenstance family who have worked so hard to come together? Can they all survive? Can they all withstand the new enemy that is right outside their door? Can they beat the Lighters, once and for all…
About the Author
Shelly is a YA author from a small town in Georgia and loves everything about the south. She is wife to a fantastical husband and stay at home mom to two boisterous and mischievous boys who keep her on her toes. They currently reside in everywhere USA as they happily travel all over with her husband’s job. She loves to spend time with her family, binge on candy corn, go out to eat at new restaurants, buy paperbacks at little bookstores, site see in the new areas they travel to, listen to music everywhere and also LOVES to read.
Her own books happen by accident and she revels in the writing and imagination process. She doesn’t go anywhere without her notepad for fear of an idea creeping up and not being able to write it down immediately, even in the middle of the night, where her best ideas are born.