I don’t even know where to begin with this delicious treat! Chocolate-Covered Roasted Chickpeas are a snack I’ve been enjoying for years. The roasted chickpea delivers a slight crunch and the chocolate coating is so sweet–the snacks is almost like a healthy Whopper.
Don’t have chocolate on hand? The roasted chickpeas are delicious on their own.
Chocolate-Covered Roasted Chickpeas
4 cups cooked or canned chickpeas
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
10 oz chocolate chips
1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix chickpeas, vanilla, 2 Tbsp coconut oil, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
3. Pour the chickpea mixture onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the oven and transfer to the large bowl to cool.
6. While the chickpeas cool, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler.
7. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the chickpea bowl and stir to coat evenly.
8. Pour the chocolate-covered chickpeas onto the cooling rack to continue cooling and to allow the chocolate to harden. (I suggest putting a pan under the cooling rack.)
9. Push the hardened chocolate balls off the cooling rack and break into individual pieces.