My Polish roots show their true colors when it comes to kielbasa. I LOVE it! Normally, I just boil it and either eat it non a sandwich or have beans and veggies with is as sides. But, honestly, that’s kind of boring. So, I am also always looking for new ways to serve this delicious sausage.
One of my favorite ways to make it is in the Savory Lotus’ Creamy Teriyaki Spaghetti Squash Salad. This recipe combines sweetness and saltiness for a super yummy mouthful every time. And, it is very easy to make, as well.
1 medium cooked spaghetti squash
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 bunch chopped green onion
1 cup sliced red cabbage
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown thinly sliced kielbasa in skillet, flipping once mid-way through.
- Combine the spaghetti squash, green onions, and red cabbage.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, and sea salt.
- Add the kielbasa to the veggies.
- Mix the coconut milk sauce into the veggie mix until the sauce covers all the veggies. Let sit for at least 20 minutes (you can even go overnight if you have the time), so all the flavors can blend.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.