It turns out that these bad boys are not only lookers, they’re tasty too. Despite their appearance, they taste exactly like your garden variety sweet potato. Since the taste is the same, I just took a regular sweet potato recipe and subbed these in. I’m sure they would work well in whichever sweet potato recipe you choose. I chose Skinny Taste’s Parmesan Hassleback Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze.
Parmesan Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze
4 medium sweet potatoes, 7 oz each
1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 Tbsp balsamic glaze*
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make 1/4-inch thick slices down the potato, only going 3/4 of the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and oil.
- Place the potatoes in a medium bowl and pour half of the butter mixture over them. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the potatoes are tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Drizzle with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, herbs, and balsamic glaze.
- To make the glaze: Bring 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to a gentle boil over medium heat until it thickens and reduces to about half (3-4 minutes). It makes 2 Tbsp.