Spicy dishes are not normally my thing, but I LOVE this casserole from Genius Kitchen. It’s like eating an exceptionally spicy buffalo chicken potato skin in casserole form. Sadly, my family does not favor the blend of spices in that recipe, so I have mixed up a more subtle blend of spices that still add flavor.
Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole
4 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp garlic powder
4 potatoes, cubed
1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c bacon, crumbled
1/2 c scallions, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (yes, 500).
- In a large bowl, mix oil, salt, pepper, paprika, hot sauce, and garlic powder.
- Add potatoes to the bowl and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer and another bowl, drain the potatoes. Keep the drained sauce.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes evenly in baking dish and roast fro 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Coat the chicken cubes evenly in the leftover sauce.
- When the potatoes are done, spread the chicken on top. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, and half of the green onions on top of the chicken and bake for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Add the rest of the green onions before serving.