Thick, creamy, and very easy to make, Teresa Guidice’s Creamy Tomato and Basil Dip is a healthier option to put out when guests come to visit. It is flavorful and you feel like you’re being bad, but you’re really not, especially when you pair this dip with veggies or whole-grain crackers.
Creamy Tomato and Basil Dip
2 garlic cloves
1 pint fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, patted dry
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Using a food processor or blender, mince the garlic.
- Add the cottage cheese and process until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few times to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate to blend the flavors for at least an hour, but up to 1 day.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with a little chopped basil and serve.
*If you find this mixture too thick, add in a little low-fat milk.