During my internet travels, I came across Atlas Obscura and it’s section on 85 unique New Jersey locations. I was immediately curious as to how many of these places I have been. I love to travel for vacations, but I also enjoy a good day trip. So far I have only been to 13!
My 5 unique locations I want to visit this summer?
- The Fluorescent Rocks of Sterling Hill Mine. I don’t know where Ogdensburg is, but I need to see these glowing rocks. It’s nature’s black light poster.
- The Hindenburg Crash Site. It is in the town next to where I grew up. The only thing that’s stopped me from going is laziness (and the inability to plan ahead enough to make a tour appointment). That changes this summer.
- Batsto Village. I’ve passed it a zillion times on the Parkway. It’s time to turn off at its exit.
- The Site of the New Jersey Shark Attacks of 1916. I almost read a book about it, but, as a girl who watches Jaws whenver it is on tv, visiting the location would be more fun.
- South Mountain Fairy Trail. A hike and fairy houses? I’m in!
Are there any unique spots in your area that you would like to visit?